Monday, October 4, 2010

Weirdness at the Midtown Plaza

Well, that was weird.

I'm not the most attentive person in the world, but it seems to me, on entering the men's room by the Midtown Plaza food court recently, that I noticed nothing in the way of a sign saying the washroom was closed for cleaning. There may or may not have been a cleaning cart off to the side of the entrance when I entered (there was when I left)--I really didn't notice. One does often see such a thing in many public washrooms, anyway, as there is often a washroom attendant making his rounds during the day. I did notice the place was moderately busy, with several men or boys washing their hands, and two or three stalls occupied. No one was at the urinals.

I used one of those myself, my mind on the various chores I had to get done during the noon hour. First, a stop for lunch in the food court. I finished up, and turned around to see...

... a female mopping the floor, directly behind me.

As I said, I was not aware of anything different when I walked in. It is true that I did not specifically check the faces of each visible person to confirm their gender, but then again, I'm not in the habit of doing that when I'm in the men's room. Is anyone?

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned or something, but...yeesh.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Understandable weirded out moment.